Monday, April 25, 2011

Epigynous

I like sitting on the grass with a book open on my lap. I like how a pair of hands can fit together with another so exquisitely. I like how fragile and delicate a face is when fast asleep. I like the gleam that shows up in people's eyes when they smile. I like the refreshing feeling that lurks in one's body after one cries. I like watching the complexion of nature. I like the flow of a piano. I like feeling the air drift in and out of my lungs and how music makes me melt. I like being by myself. I like the scent of rain and how the stars shine at night. I like the way I get lost in life. I like thinking. I like sleep. I like tea. I like the simple things that keep me going.



There is no magic cure, no making it all go away forever. There are only small steps upward; an easier day, an unexpected laugh, a mirror that doesn't matter anymore.

I am thawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment