Saturday, July 28, 2012

California!

For the third consecutive summer, I am spending time in California with the family that I nanny for :D We are back in the same house in Ojai that we stayed in last year. The weather is absolutely wonderful and so is the town. We've only been here for a few days but it is still incredibly wonderful to be back over here. Additionally, I've been able to catch up with a few of my ISV friends! Aprwil stopped by last night and we went off to the bar and then dessert at a Mexican place. Tuesday, I'm planning on heading down to Irvine to visit Jen for the night. And at some point, Nick is going to come down from his remote Air Force base to visit like he did last summer. Perhaps we will do the beach and dinner just like we did last year; that was rather enjoyable :) 

We have a few fun things that we've already done and plan to do yet on our visit out here. A few nights ago, we went down to Santa Barbara for a 5k called Night Moves. LA and G ran the 5k and the kids and I played on the beach and went on a mile hike up the hill to a park. I'd not been to that particular beach before; it was really beautiful. We stayed until sunset, which made it even better.

 Tomorrow, I only work until noon and I plan to just backpack around Ojai on one of the bikes. I'm thinking about going up to an open-air bookstore called Bart's Books for a few hours; I'd like to ride the bike path that winds the whole way down to Ventura [though, I won't be biking the entire way there and back]; and I'm going to get some school work/reading/knitting done...perhaps at one of the parks. It's rather late and it's been a long day...so sleep should probably occur soon.


On a completely unrelated note: my knife wounds seem to be healing up fairly well. All of the stitches and such have fallen out and now I'm just waiting on the itching and redness and little obnoxious bumps to go away...then all will be well in my world. Well, except for the hospital bill that I got today x.x

No comments:

Post a Comment