Sunday, February 23, 2014

I've neglected this for quite a few months now, and I'm not entirely sure why. I know that between not getting the full time job at the high school and the uncertainty resulting from that, I just don't have much to say in a positive light. I was able to get approved through two school districts to sub day-to-day, but it's just not the same as teaching. It feels extremely menial and faintly demeaning. Most teachers don't leave more than a VHS for the sub to tackle...and that it both unchallenging and extremely boring [times five-six periods of the same thing]. I thought that maybe subbing at East High would result in some teachers who know me actually giving me something productive to do with the students, but as it goes, I often don't get the teachers I know/the teachers I know call off last minute and have nothing planned. Sigh.

As far as everything else goes...let's see. The boyfriend is good. As is becoming the norm, he is pursuing further education and will be moving away in the fall. I'm kind of getting used to this, sadly. He did come with me to a therapy session; this was both intimidating and panic-inducing....almost embarrassing too.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment