Sunday, November 27, 2011

Anxiety.

Words cannot express how much I am freaking out right now. I hate going to see a new therapist for the first time. I get so anxious. What do you say first? Hi, my name is Nicole. I find that self-injury is the most effective coping mechanism for my incredibly crappy hand in life but I can't do it for fear of my boyfriend breaking up with me and the only people I can come close to calling 'family' would be beyond disappointed with me. This causes my body to release stress every night in the form of night-terrors. These simply perpetuate and extend exponentially my daily stress levels and lack of sleep. What to do? This will be the third person I've seen...so far it's just been a waste of my time, but every one I've spoken to continues to encourage me to see someone....as if it's going to make anything any better. I can't just say this to an entire stranger. They'll think that I'm entirely crazy. But I can't just sit there and say nothing...it'd be a waste of both our time. So what do I say? (I realize this is a redundant question as no one reads this, felt the need to ask it anyway.) Not continuing therapy is also not an option, I can't be having a repeat of last year. Even scheduling appointments raises my anxiety levels...how counterproductive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment